St. Louis Elderly, In-Home Health Care Services & more

  • Assistance With Food
  • Assistance With Utilities
  • Consumer Directed Services
  • Medicaid

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) offers essential nutritional support for low-income individuals and families via an Electronic Benefits Transfer card. One can also consider other programs, like the Food Distribution Program and Women, Infant and Children (WIC), which may also be able to help. If you need help with food immediately, please reach out to your local food bank.
To apply for assistance with food:

The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and Low Income Household Water Assistance Program help keep families secure, safe, and healthy through initiatives that help households with energy costs. They deliver federally funded assistance in managing costs associated with house energy bills, energy crises, weatherization, and energy-related minor home repairs.
To apply for assistance with utilities:

Elder abuse is identified as a constantly increasing and serious problem in our society. This type of violence includes a violation of human rights and sexual, physical, psychological, and emotional abuse; financial and material abuse; neglect; abandonment; and severe loss of dignity and respect. If you have noticed a senior or disabled adult is being maltreated, bullied, neglected, or financially exploited, call the department’s hotline.
To apply for Consumer Directed Services:

Medicaid is a program that offers health coverage for some low-income individuals and people with disabilities in all states. The program protects all low-income adults below a certain income level in some states. When you complete the application, we’ll inform you which programs you and your family are entitled to. If it looks like anyone is qualified for Medicaid and CHIP, we’ll let the state agency know so you can register.
To apply for Medicaid: